15 Advantages To Being Broke
In tough economic times everyone is feeling the financial pinch and for some it is no longer a pinch but an all out squeeze. Times like this call for squeezing back and turning lemons into lemonade.
Instead of crying over your empty wallet, maybe you can find a new use for it. Get resourceful, creative and think outside of the box, maybe there’s a bright side to being broke.
- Since you’ve canceled your magazine subscriptions, your mail carrier is much happier and smiles more often.
- You get to meet your local librarian. She can show you where to find all of the newest books and magazines for Free.
- Now you’ll finally learn how to cook since you can’t afford to go out to eat anymore.
- No more line-ups at the drive through or waiting at the restaurant. Service at home is as quick as you can make it.
- No more fast food means healthier eating.
- No more wrong-number cell phone calls in the middle of the night since you canceled your service.
- No more studying the markets to figure out where to invest your hard earned cash. There’s none to invest.
- You’ll get more exercise now that you’re biking to work.
- There is no more stress caused by searching for the perfect babysitter or juggling all of your social engagements. Staying home means no worries!
- Watch all of those old movies you bought years ago and laugh all over again now that you’ve canceled your cable or satellite service.
- No more spoiling your children by buying them everything they want. You are now teaching them the value of a dollar.
- You can spend the week-end in your pjs since you don’t have to take the kids to basketball practice or skating lessons.
- Teach your kids creativity by making your own playdoh or potato stamps. New homemade toys are still new toys.
- Shop at the local thrift store. You can get a whole new outfit for under $10. Even designer labels are a bargain so you can spend less but still look like you spent a fortune.
- Repairing your broken fridge or patching torn jeans instead of replacing them is helping the environment by keeping stuff out of the landfills.